I couldn’t find any instructions on how to disassemble the Nook Simple Touch. Since I had to disassemble mine to solve a problem, here are the instructions:
- Remove the MicroSD card (if installed)
- Carefully pop off the power button on the rear of the unit
- Once you remove the power button, you will find a Torx screw covered by an anti-tamper sticker. Remove the sticker, then the screw.
- Place the unit face down on a non-scratching surface
- Push down on the unit, and then in the direction of the USB connector. The back will slide, and can then be very easily removed.
Assembly is the reverse of the above process. This will, of course, void your warranty.
NOTE: If your Nook Simple Touch is only locked up, you can usually reset it by holding down the power button on the rear of the unit for approx. 45 seconds, waiting a minute, than holding it down again for 15 seconds. The unit will power back on, and (usually) all will be well.