PSOC devices are programmable “mixed-signal” devices – which means that they have both programmable analog and programmable digital functions. One of the things which make them unusually interesting is that they can be “rewired” internally by using PSOC Creator’s graphical tools – giving engineers a great deal of flexibility. One of their major drawbacks is that PSOC designs typically require the designer/engineer to wire their internal architecture before thay can begin writing code – making it more difficult to begin working on the platform.
Introductory Application Notes:
- Getting Started with PSOC-4
- PSOC 4100/4200 Hardware Design Considerations
- Kernighan and Ritchie – One of the best books on C programming
- Beej’s Guide to C Programming
PSOC System Reference Guide
This is the document which covers the underlying API for the device. If you need to do anything useful with sleep modes, watchdog timers or low voltage detection, this is a must. Other users will find this a helpful reference anytime they are going off the beaten path. The PDF version of the document can be found at http://www.cypress.com/?docID=51068.
PSoC Creator uses the Newlib C library as its c-lib. Good news: It’s fairly complete and reasonably efficient. Bad news: Cypress didn’t see fit to provide links to the Newlib documentation in the PSoC Creator documentation.
- PSOC 4200 Series Datasheet
- PSOC 4100 Series Datasheet
- PSOC 4000 Series Datasheet
- PSOC 4100/4200 Architecture Technical Reference Manual
Useful Application Notes:
- Using the CY8CKIT-049 to program another PSOC4 device
- PSOC4 Low Power Modes and Power Reduction Techniques
- PSOC4 Interrupts
- PSOC4 CapSense Design Guide – The go-to guide for doing capacitive touch sense with PSOC4 parts. Hardware considerations are also useful for designing with other devices.
PSOC Creator is the Integrated Development Environment created by Cypress for developing hardware/software solutions around the Cypress Programmable System On a Chip (PSOC) series devices.
- PSOC Creator-101 Video #1
- PSOC Creator-101 Video #2
- PSOC Creator-101 Video #3
- PSOC Creator-101 Video #4
- PSOC Creator-101 Video #5
- PSOC Creator-101 Video #6
- PSOC Creator-101 Video #7
- PSOC Creator-101 Video #8
PSOC Creator – Component Creation:
- PSoC Creator Tutorial_Component Creation – Creating a Symbol
- PSoC Creator Tutorial_Component Creation – Creating Symbol Parameters
- PSoC Creator Tutorial_Component Creation – Implementing with a Schematic
- PSoC Creator Tutorial_Component Creation – Implementing with Verilog
- PSoC Creator Tutorial_Component Creation – Creating a Library Project
- PSoC Creator Tutorial_Component Creation – Adding Miscellaneous Files
- PSoC Creator Tutorial_Component Creation – Adding API Template Files
- PSoC Creator Tutorial Exporting components using an archive
- PSoC Creator Tutorial_Component Creation – Adding a Library Dependency
- PSoC Creator Tutorial-Importing Components